Not will your child enjoy the treat himself, but is making him help you about making the sweet, sugary product, he will learn valuable lessons about work. And with cotton candy as your starting point, your child will associate work and industry with enjoyment and fun.
Of course, safety will be your utmost concern here, as you would not want your child’s opportunity for learning end up in disaster. Follow the steps below so that your kid will have fun learning:
1. Let your child plug in the candy floss machine. Make this an opportunity for you to vividly explain to your child about the dangers of improper handling of electrical device. Be sure to assist your child how to properly do the plugging the first time you make him do it.
2. Allow your child to scoop out sugar as specified in the directions. This step is a perfect opportunity to explain to your child about measurement. Have the child mix the sugar with a small amount of a specified food coloring. This is a perfect time for your child to understand that there is always enough of everything.
3. Have you and your child wait about 3 to 5 minutes for the cotton candy to form. This particular step will make your child realize the value of proper time and waiting. This is also an opportunity for you to explain to your child how cotton candy is formed. Catch your child’s attention by explaining how the sugar is melted first and converted into a liquid inside the machine’s extruder, after which it is thrown out through the tiny holes surrounding the extruder, finally solidifying into threads of spun sugar.
4. Teach your child how to collect the finished product with a paper cone. Remember that even adults need repeated practice before attaining perfection in making something, and this is so much more true for a child. In this step, you can arouse your child’s creativity by explaining to him the many different ways how the finished cotton candy is collected from the machine, and the endless ways to present the finished product.
5. Let your child participate in cleaning up the mess after being done with your cotton candy making session. Let him help you in cleaning the parts of the candy floss machine, using a cleaning sponge and washing it with warm water.
This term desserts can easily apply to many types of foods like tarts, cakes, cookies, gelatins, biscuits, pies, ice creams, sweet soups, custards and puddings. Fruit has also lately been found in dessert items. Some important sugar free dessert tips have been explained below.
This is a baked fruit dessert that is made with the help of layers of buttered bread crumbs and fruit.
Buckle is a cake with fruit that is foiled into a batter before it is baked and a crumbly streusel topping is put on top of it.
A cobbler is a baked fruit dessert that has a very thick biscuit crust in it that makes it even more delicious.
This is a baked fruit dessert that comes with a crisp and an extremely crunchy topping.
This is a British name that is given for a crisp and a crunch that has oatmeal as the topping.
This is a baked fruit dessert that comes with fruit that is sandwiched between various two layers of sweetened buttered crumbs.
Fool is a popular dessert that is made of various chilled pureed fruit folded into a whipped cream.
Grunt is a fruit dessert that is topped with biscuit dough and is steamed or stewed.
Pandowdy is a baked fruit dessert that is topped with the help of biscuit dough which becomes crumbly and crisp after it is baked completely.
Basic types of sugar free ice cream makers
Very Berry Salad
What you need:
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
In a medium glass bowl, mix together blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries. Sprinkle with white sugar. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Herbed Fruit Salad
What you need:
- 2 kumquats, seeded and chopped
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/3 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup coarsely chopped watercress
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
With the 1 1/2 cups water, bring the quinoa to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low and stir constantly for 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and allow to cool. Mix together kumquats, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice and kosher salt in a small bowl. Set aside to steep. In a large bowl, combine pear, cucumber and cooked quinoa. Add the dressing to the bowl, stir then serve.
Butterscotch Fruit Mix
What you need:
- 4 apples, diced
- 2 cups frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup instant butterscotch pudding mix
In a medium bowl, combine diced apples, peanuts and pudding mix. Mix until ingredients are thoroughly combined. Add whipped topping and crushed pineapple to the mixture then stir. Cover and refrigerate overnight before serving.
As mentioned above, there are so many cakes for you to choose from. These include chocolate cakes, cheesecakes, ice cream cakes, carrot cake, and molten chocolate cake. This list combines to make a very delicious list and a one that can never be avoided no matter what. There are so many bakeries and kuchen making places these days and this has caused a lot of furor as far as the different types of cakes is concerned.
– Avocado cake – This is a cake that is prepared by using Avocado.
– Aranygaluska – This is a cake that contains a vanilla custard and also yeasty dough.
– Basbousa – This is a traditional sweet kuchen that contains Somali and it is made by using cooked farina and Semolina in a simple type of syrup. Coconut is also a very popular and a common addition in this type of kuchen. On an optional basis, this syrup can also contain rose water and orange flower water.
– The beer cake- This is a kuchen that is prepared with beer as beer is used as the main ingredient.
– A common birthday cake – This is obviously the usual birthday cake that is made for birthdays. It contains sponge and chocolate all the time as these are extremely common ingredients. This type of kuchen can also represent the age of the person of whom the day is being celebrated for.
– Cassata – Everyone knows about cassata because it can be purchased in almost all countries. It is a very tasty cake and there is no need to avoid such a cake. Cassata is extremely popular across the world. It is one of the important varieties of cakes.